Greetings! I am Rev. Emily Meyer, Director of the Ministry Lab.
I am an ordained pastor in the ELCA. I have served congregations in suburban, ex-urban and rural Minnesota. I interned in touristy Seaside, OR and served as pastor of the Lutheran retreat center, Holden Village (2003-2005). Most recently, I created and served as director of Confirmation Reformation, a multi-congregational Affirmation of Baptism program for Minneapolis and St Paul Area ELCA congregations. In each setting I have been blessed to work alongside creative, wise and innovative church folk. And in each setting I have experienced the challenges of doing “something new” or “something different”.
My career has not been solely ELCA-oriented:
- I obtained my second Masters (MART) from United Theological Seminary (2009);
- received certification for Contemplative Prayer Small Group and Retreat Leadership from Shalem Institute (Washington, DC; 2011);
- and Mindfulness Facilitator training from Mindful Schools (2017).
- I have written and directed Christmas pageants, shared in confirmation programming, and co-facilitated a Meditation and Contemplative Practices group for my neighborhood UCC congregation (Linden Hills UCC, Minneapolis);
- and prepared, led worship and preached for other UCC congregations.
- I have spent the last six years serving as the Costume Director for Southwest High School in Minneapolis, where I have also taught Mindfulness and Dance.
Contact me at: email@example.com or 651.894.2927 to make an appointment or share ideas.
I look forward to working with you!