Parents! Are your kids looking for something fun to do this summer? Interfaith Stay Camp will be a great week (AUG. 3-7, 2020 9 AM – 1 PM CST) of crafts, games, songs and stories designed to offer kids basic interfaith literacy, and inspiration to grow into people who promote tolerance and practice inclusivity. All are welcome!
- a children’s Bible story
- a toddler resource
- simple activities
- a coloring page central to the week’s story
- story audio: the Grace Sightings read aloud by a multitude of different voices.
- Leader Materials book
- Stories, Colors, & More pack specific to age groups
- Age-level resources for 3-5, 5-7, 8-10, and a multiage option for ages 5-10.
Encourage kids to dive into Bible stories this summer. The One-Year Bible Reading Plan (Beaming) includes a short list of readings every month, along with activities, a short prayer, and discussion questions. Use your favorite Bible or pick up one of Beaming’s favorite story Bibles to join in on the fun.
Looking to connect young people with science-based creation care and leadership? Create a multi-congregational cohort around Growing Green Heart’s Connect-the-Drops: Faith, Science & Youth Leadership (vocational discernment, creation care around water and action) or Connect-the-Rocks: Faith, Science & Youth Leadership (similar with conversations and activities on decolonization, the indigenous story, waste reduction and land connections). Both are 6 sessions and can be done via Zoom with hands-on learning/building/praying/discussion piece followed by coaching for student projects. $1000 per cohort of 3-5 churches.
*Augsburg’s Youth Theology Institute did Connect-the-Rocks last year and student response was great!
Online VBS/Day/Bible Camp
This resource list will be updated as resources become available:
- Dwell Digital is a subscription Sunday school curriculum which offers teachers and coordinators online access – via any device – to all 360 lesson plans. You can also share lesson summaries with parents (here’s an example). Learn more at DwellCurriculum.org/Digital.
- UMC Publishing House, Cokesbury has revised their 2020 curriculum “Knights of North Castle”, to accomodate completely online/at-home participation.
- Illustrated Ministry created online Compassion Camp for both congregational use and family use.
- The ELCA’s World Hunger On Earth as in Heaven VBS is adaptable to at-home use.
- PCCA (Presbyterian Church Camp and Conference Association) has partnered with Worship Times to create a secure Virtual Camp Portal, a safe space to provide secure content you create or download from elsewhere.
MN UMC just shared this announcement of the closure – until August 29, 2020 – from their Dakotas-Minnesota Area United Methodist Camp and Retreat Ministries