Check out Beaming Book’s Valentine’s Day Activities for Families to Do Together for “celebrating the holiday of love with the people you love”.
While the family is together, you might share Traci Smith’s Prayers for Faithful Families (Beaming), which “equips busy parents with simple prayers… in ordinary language, for a… variety of occasions”, or Meta Herrick Carlson’s, Ordinary Blessings: Prayers, Poems and Meditations for Everyday Life (Broadleaf).
Looking for ways to better love your neighbors?
- Consider the Minneapolis Area Synod (ELCA)’s Older Adult Ministry Forum: Compassionate Caregiving for refreshing views on caring for our elders;
- join the soiree at Avenues for Youth & LTD Brewing’s Pre-Party for the Red Affair to benefit Twin Cities Area homeless youth;
- engage with the Joint Religious Legislative Coalition for the Faith Leader Housing Summit;
- find hope through the Minnesota Council of Churches and UTS’s The Christian Art and Practice of Reconciliation in Divisive Times;
- be inspired by Angie Thurston & Casper ter Kuile’s How We Gather website that explores millennial church affiliation and new ways of gathering;
- explore possibilities for personal and social change with Dr. Mark Baker’s, You Can Change: Stories from Angola Prison and the Psychology of Personal Transformation (Broadleaf);
- and nurture your love for God and neighbor with Kelly Latimore’s profound contemporary iconography.
Kids can grow in love toward God and neighbor, too:
- through Archbishop Desmond Tutu’s, My Jesus Story Collection (ZonderKidz);
- or a trio from Beaming Books:
- Karine-Marie Amiot’s darling, Love Is…;
- Amy Webb’s, When Charley Met Emma (and its free coloring page);
- and Jennifer Grant’s, Maybe I Can Love My Neighbor Too, now with a “free bingo board and activity pack to help kids explore tangible ways they can love others”.